Carla is growing at the speed of light, and we are currently looking for an Senior Back-End Engineer to join the rapidly growing tech team. Carla will soon expand both vertically and geographically, and we are looking for the right candidate to support us in this exciting growth phase.
YOUR MISSION AT CARLA
Carla’s mission is to make more people drive electric cars. Everything we do is built upon combining customer obsession, technology, and infrastructure. At Carla, we build the internal tools for our operations, purchasing, and sales teams in-house, as well as our storefront application. Your mission will be to work alongside our back-end engineers, testing current frameworks and helping create best practices in place to evolve our products with ever-increasing speed and quality. In Addition to technology problems, you will tackle customer, business, and organizational problems, and more.
In this role, you will be part of the Order and Inventory team. Your day-to-day tasks will be focusing on Back-End coding and creating new ideas. The Technology team currently consists of approximately 30 people but you would focus on working on team's of four for group targets.
Concrete examples of work tasks connected to responsibilities:
- Drive Carla’s technology forward by working together with the rest of the Back-End team
- Work to make trade-offs between customer benefits and technical solution mindset
- Driving Carla’s technology forwards.
- Set the bar and lead by example for the team on what good looks like and inspire them to reach their full potential.
- Write high-quality code (in golang).
- Be an essential part in planning and driving the development work together with the team, designer, and product manager
The ideal candidate has most of these traits:
- 4+ years of experience working as a back-end engineer.
- Understanding how all pieces of software solve internal, customer, and business problems.
- You’re a curious engineer and can find ways to lead by example without being told
- Experience from working at startup or scaleup companies.
- Experience with coding and enjoys reviewing and testing as natural parts of your daily work
- Good knowledge in some development languages, preferably GoLang or similar
- Experience in understanding business and product strategy, and shaping technology thereafter.
- Cross-functional experience in product, leadership, and curiosity in understanding the business
- Ecommerce background is a plus
If you feel like you’re a great fit but you’re missing some of these points, we encourage you to still apply. We strongly value a person's drive and willingness to develop.
- Willing to challenge
- Collaborative, and people-centric
- Results-oriented doer
- Ability to juggle between operational tasks and strategic thinking/planning
- Social person who likes to influence the people on the team
What is in it for you?
Most of all, this is a fantastic opportunity to work for a category-defining company, with great values, and a business model that doesn't talk about sustainability - but is based on it. Apart from that, we offer:
- Joining one of Sweden’s LinkedIn 2022 Top 10 Startups
- A unique opportunity to scale with an organization functioning across multiple markets
- A career-defining role at an early-stage scaleup and an opportunity to grow and learn from knowledgeable co-workers
- We’re a scaleup, which means we work smarter, not harder. Life-work balance still plays an important role in creating long-lasting productivity and output
- A workplace that believes strength is found in diversity. We hire people regardless of background, education, experience, or gender
- Market competitive salary, wellness package, and stock option program
We’re fast, both in terms of car delivery, code shipping and when it comes to growing our business. We have no plans on stopping anytime soon, and hopefully, this is where you come in!