Carla is growing at the speed of light, and we are currently looking for an experienced Staff Software Engineer to join the rapidly growing tech team. Carla will soon expand both vertically and geographically, and we are looking for the right candidate to support us in this exciting growth phase.
YOUR MISSION AT CARLA
Carla’s mission is to make more people drive electric cars. Everything we do is built upon combining customer obsession, technology, and infrastructure. At Carla, we build the internal tools for our operations, purchasing, and sales teams in-house, as well as our storefront application. Your mission will be to ensure that our back-end engineers have the right tools, frameworks, and practices in place to evolve our products with ever increasing speed and quality. In Addition to technology problems, you will tackle customer, business, and organizational problems, and more.
In this role, you will be part of the Platform team and report directly to the Platform Engineering Manager. Your day-to-day tasks will be a mix of strategy and experimentation. The Technology team currently consists of approximately 30 people and is our second biggest department in the company.
Concrete examples of work tasks connected to responsibilities:
- Drive Carla’s technology forward by working together with the rest of the Platform team.
- You understand how other engineers write and interact with software, you know what works well and lead the organization to better ways of doing this.
- Driving Carla’s technology forwards.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire senior engineers to improve and be their best.
- Set the bar and lead by example for the team on what good looks like and inspire them to reach their full potential.
- Write high-quality code (in golang).
- You are effective in prototyping, helping the organization quickly understand what is feasible and not.
- You’re business aware and see opportunities for where tech can provide solutions to business problems.
The ideal candidate has most of these traits:
- 7+ years of experience working as a software engineer.
- Previous experience in influencing the organization's architecture and what tech stack to use. Understanding how all pieces of software solve internal, customer and business problems.
- You’ve worked with various agile methodologies, continuously improving your team’s and organization’s ways of working.
- Experience from working at startup or scaleup companies.
- Previous experience in continuously moving the organization's tech to have better separation of concerns.
- Experience in influencing and talking about tech strategy to create best practices.
- Experience in understanding business and product strategy, and shaping technology thereafter.
- Experience in presenting on product & tech topics to larger groups.
- Acted as a mentor for colleagues in the past.
- Cross-functional experience Experience in product, leadership, and curiosity in understanding the business
If you feel like you’re a great fit but you’re missing some of these points, we encourage you to still apply. We strongly value a person's drive and willingness to develop.
- Structured and detailed thinker
- Collaborative, people-centric, and emphatic leader
- Results-oriented doer
- Ability to juggle between operational tasks and strategic thinking/planning
- Social person who likes to influence the people on the team
What is in it for you?
Most of all, this is a fantastic opportunity to work for a category-defining company, with great values, and a business model that doesn't talk about sustainability - but is based on it. Apart from that, we offer:
- Joining one of Sweden’s LinkedIn 2022 Top 10 Startups
- A unique opportunity to manage and scale an Operations function across multiple markets
- A career-defining role at an early-stage startup and an opportunity to grow and learn from knowledgeable co-workers
- We’re a startup, which means we work smarter, not harder. Life-work balance still plays an important role in creating long-lasting productivity and output
- A workplace that believes strength is found in diversity. We hire people regardless of background, education, experience or gender
- Market competitive salary, and stock option program
We’re fast, both in terms of car delivery, code shipping and when it comes to growing our business. We have no plans on stopping anytime soon, and hopefully, this is where you come in!