At Carla, we’ve experienced a wonderful period of growth as the direct result of increased efficiency and productivity. To continue on this trajectory, we’re searching for a highly qualified Head of Operations Development to work closely with our COO and executive team. From day one, the Head of Operations Development will report to our COO and have an immediate impact on our productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing program management, and communicating objectives between departments.
We believe that you have experience from driving growth, complex projects with multiple stakeholders and business processes in a high pace organization. Preferably you also have previous experience from management consulting. A mixed background from a consulting firm and a larger high growth/scale up is an advantage. You have experience from developing and presenting decision material for complex topics in an international environment.
What you will do
- Support our COO and Managing Directors with strategy, analytics, and budgeting, forecasting, presentations to the CEO/board
- Working with the corporate strategies and business plans, to ensure that both short- and long-term targets are met
- Manage a super sharp team consisting of one Strategy & Planning Manager, one Analytics Manager, and one Process Engineer
- Manage end-to-end cross-functional projects within operations using a combination of data, context, and business judgment to get to the right outcomes
- Setup best practice processes to align company priorities with effective day-to-day operations (e.g. data collection and analytics)
- Process improvement: Continually improve internal processes to achieve productivity, scaling and service level targets, including analysis, mapping, re-design, training and execution
- Support the timely assignment and tracking of goals for all members of the team. Ensure that teams are working towards the same goals and that there is alignment and velocity (speed + focus) across a portfolio of initiatives and/or products.
- Build cross-functional support and strong internal-company relationships with C-level
- Own tasks which are an urgent priority for Carla’s success and then find the right home for them.
Skills and Qualifications
- 7+ years in a business or executive management role
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Ex-BCG, Bain, McKinsey, or worked in Banking/Consulting/Startups preferred
- Experience preparing presentations on projects to C-level executives / board members with information and reports to base decisions on
- Previous experience from working closely with senior management at a startup or corporate
- Thinking MECE and 80/20 is in your DNA
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Law, Math, Physics, Economics, Finance
- Strategic thinker who can manage complexity and conflicting priorities; ability to identify growth opportunities, turn ideas into action, and get to outcomes.
- Proficient in financial/operational modeling, excel using a variety of tools including G Suite
- Demonstrated competency in strategic planning and business development
- Have the ability to juggle a number of projects and prioritize very well
- As a person you possess a high level of energy and personal drive, have strong analytical skills and a strategic mindset. You want to see results and have a structured approach
At Carla we believe that more people should be able to drive electric. What drives us is to constantly improve things, primarily through accelerating the transition to electric mobility, and creating amazing customer experiences in an industry ripe for disruption. Therefore, we have set out to build the safest, most convenient and transparent way to sell, buy, or lease an electric car. Carla was founded in 2020 in Stockholm, with strong VC backing. We are now in an exciting growth phase and we're looking to hire people who have that magical mix of being great at what they do, show a strong drive, can obsess over consumer centricity, whilst being humble and eager to learn.
What we offer
Most of all, this is a fantastic opportunity to work for a category-defining company, with great values, and a business model that doesn't talk about sustainability - but is based on it. What drives us is to constantly improve things, primarily by accelerating the transition to electric mobility, and creating amazing customer experiences in an industry ripe for disruption.
Apart from that, we offer:
- A career-defining role at an early-stage startup and an opportunity to grow and learn from knowledgeable co-workers
- We’re a startup, which means we work smarter not harder. Life-work balance still plays an important role in creating long-lasting productivity and output
- A workplace that believes strength is found in diversity. We hire people regardless of background, education, experience or gender
- Market competitive salary, and stock option program