We are building the most convenient, transparent and easy way to buy or lease an electrified vehicle online. Our aim is to turn one of life’s potentially biggest financial decisions - getting a car - into something truly enjoyable, and at the same time help consumers make more sustainable choices. Carla was founded in 2020 in Stockholm, with strong VC backing.
We are now in an exciting growth phase looking for a Senior User/UX Researcher that are looking to join an early stage startup, work with a dynamic cross-functional team, and study the ins and outs of how to get electric vehicles into people’s hands.
About the role
As a User Researcher at Carla you will be working closely with Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, and various cross-functional partners to understand our customers and design a game-changing product to fit their needs. Your main focus will be to delineate key questions we must answer; identify the right research methods; execute the research; evaluate product decisions; and lead the rest of the organization to make data-driven decisions.
Since you would join a small but growing team, it will be important that you feel comfortable dealing with a fast pace, a variety of big & small tasks, and occasional ambiguity. Our cross-functional Product teams enjoy full accountability and responsibility for what they design and build. As Carla’s first User Researcher, it will be up to you to both supply them with the right information at the right time, and to lead by example when it comes to decisions grounded in a thorough and empathetic understanding of our users’ needs.
What you'll get to do:
- Work with PMs, UX Designers and cross-functional partners to establish priorities and key questions we need to answer about our users’ needs, motivations and behaviors
- Lead user research efforts using a variety of industry-standard and creative methodologies
- Support the design team in establishing and conducting UX research to enable the creation of a product that customers love
- Use data to support the thoughtful design and evolution of customer-facing interfaces like our e-commerce website, which is an essential part of our customers’ first encounter with Carla
- Interview internal stakeholders, collect data about the usability of their tools, and drive the evolution of our internal systems to best support a seamless and delightful customer experience
- Learn about EVs and the car industry as a whole, and grow your skills in creative research methodologies while working directly with our Chief Product Officer
- Lead by example as we build a culture of curiosity and data-driven decision making at Carla
What you have?
Solid and proven working experience in User Research (bonus points for e-commerce expertise)
- Experience conducting user interviews, leading UX research sessions, leading focus groups, and analyzing quantitative data
- A comprehensive understanding of different research methodologies and their suitability for answering different questions
- A user-centric mindset and a well-developed understanding of user reasoning
- Experience working directly with Product Managers, Product Designers, and Engineers in a product team setting
- The ambition and will to empower the people around you with data and insights for better decision-making
- A mindset of leading through example and curiosity about new challenges
What's in it for you?
- Market competitive salary
- Stock option program
- A career defining role at an early stage startup and an opportunity to to grow and learn from knowledgeable co-workers.
- We’re a startup, which means we work smarter not harder. Life-work balance still plays an important role in creating long-lasting productivity and output. We think working remote helps.
- A workplace that believes strength is found in diversity. We hire people regardless of background, education, experience or gender.
Please submit your application by including your CV and Portfolio. Applicants without a portfolio will most likely not be considered.