As we are scaling up Carla, we are now looking for a talented People operations partner for our new People team in Stockholm. Your mission will be to support one of the fastest growing startups in Scandinavia - ever with all people related operations. Your job will be to secure world class people operations and thereby attract, recruit, and develop talented and ambitious people who strive for excellence and never settle for “good enough”. The journey ahead is what excites you. Believe us when we say that we are just getting started. We really can’t wait to meet you!
We believe that more people should be able to drive electrically. Therefore, we have set out to build the safest, most convenient, and most transparent way to find, get, and ultimately have, an electric car. Carla was founded in 2020, with strong VC backing and is now in an exciting growth phase to establish Carla as the market-leading “EV-companion” in Europe.
What drives us is to constantly improve things, primarily by accelerating the transition to electric mobility, and creating amazing customer experiences in an industry ripe for disruption.
As our People operations partner, you will belong to the People team but work closely together with all teams to ensure Carla is perceived as the employer of choice. As we grow, your role will cover everything within the HR field. Your focus will be to support the teams in all people related issues by keeping the day to day operations running effectively and providing support throughout our international business. You will support all parts of Carla - from tech, sales, and operations. As our operational team, working with the production and logistics is our biggest team; you will spend extra time with them. This means securing the labor law and work environment hygiene factors but also focusing on engagement and cultural aspects to secure the best possible people experience.
We are looking for someone truly amazing and skilled in all parts of the HR field, but we want you to have an extra interest in labor law, compensation & benefits and work environment, preferably you are also experienced in industry environments. However, the role is broad and will enable you to use every HR tool you have acquired so far, come up with new innovative ideas and implement completely new solutions to old problems.
Key Responsibilities include (but are not limited) to:
Secure the best possible people experience, meaning operations and connected administration in all people related areas
- Support in creating and implementing relevant people processes, systems, and policies
- Set, implement and work actively with the work environment and labor law processes
- Contribute in all aspects to building Carla as the best place to be.
- Contribute to building a world class People team
Who You Are:
We believe that you have some years of HR experience, preferably in a HR generalist/Business Partner position. You have also worked with compensation and law. The nature of the business you have worked in is not important, but we do prefer experience from industry organizations that are fast paced and have gone through hypergrowth.
We believe that the ideal candidate has:
Experience from independently creating and implementing people processes
- Knowledge of Swedish labor law
- Experience from working proactively with the working environment, safety, and well-being
- Experience in partnering with stakeholders at all levels of the organization and supporting as well as challenging them in operational and strategic people related matters
- Being able to work both strategically and operationally with a variety of people tasks
- Experience with compensation & benefits, labor law and work environment
We believe that the following characteristics are necessary to succeed in this role:
People oriented and approachable
- Proactive do:er
- Creative and witted communicator
- Charismatic and positive
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and ability to work independently
- Team player and strong leader
- High attention to detail, excellent time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure in fast-paced environment and dynamic industry
When we call your references, they will most likely describe you as a pragmatic do-er with a deep understanding of the HR landscape. They will refer to you as the person who helped them when they were at the road’s end, and in ways, they had not been able to consider had you not been there to guide them.
What We Offer
Most of all, this is a fantastic opportunity to work for a category-defining company, with great values, and a business model that doesn't talk about sustainability - but is based on it. What drives us is to constantly improve things, primarily by accelerating the transition to electric mobility and creating amazing customer experiences in an industry ripe for disruption.
Apart from that, we offer:
- A unique opportunity to be part of and impact the set up of a new people function
- A career-defining role at an early-stage startup and an opportunity to grow and learn from knowledgeable co-workers
- We’re a startup, which means we work smarter, not harder. Life-work balance still plays an important role in creating long-lasting productivity and output
- A workplace that believes strength is found in diversity. We hire people regardless of background, education, experience, or gender
- Market competitive salary and stock option program
We’re fast, both in terms of car delivery and when it comes to growing our business. So far, our journey has taken us from Sweden and soon to our Nordic neighbors, but we have no plans on stopping anytime soon, and hopefully, this is where you come in.