We believe that more people should be able to drive electric. Therefore, we have set out to build the safest, most convenient and transparent way to sell, buy, or lease an electric car. Carla was founded in 2020, with strong VC backing. We are now in an exciting growth phase looking for a Pricing specialist on trade-ins and pricing
About the role
Our goal is to redefine what it means to own an EV/HEV by offering an exceptional and attractive car inventory and providing an excellent service to our customers and partners. The car industry as a hole is facing an immense shortage of components and industrial goods that are vital for production. Hence, Carla is looking for a candidate who can decide when to buy a car and to what price considering Carla's costs, margins, and expected market prices.
Key Responsibilities include (but are not limited) to:
- Doing continuous price adjustment of published cars and benchmark the unique offerings with internal and publicly available data
- Quality assuring the information and valuation of trade-in leads
- Evaluating purchase offers of cars from consumers, partners and companies
- Acting as a valuation specialist within the car buying team
- Supporting the development of and set our purchasing, price and inventory management processes
- Developing and leading trade-in business, setting the processes to develop partnerships
- Acting as a key stakeholder towards product, marketing, sales and purchasing in regards to trade-ins
- Ensuring best in class quality assurance process of our trade in vehicles (non necessarily electric)
We are looking for a hands-on doer, who is not afraid of taking action backed by facts, numbers, and experience. You'll be joining a team with skilled and experienced colleagues in consumer technology, analytics, and consumer/retail selling, and we hope you complement us with deep knowledge about purchasing cars - mixing data with experience. You have strong references, and a track record of both facing and managing challenges without giving up. Since our focus is exclusively on electrified vehicles, we hope that you're fluent in everything from Tesla key knobs, Zoe battery sizes, and ranges on T8s.
We believe that the ideal candidate has:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience from buying cars
- Demonstrated understanding of the pricing dynamics in the automotive (preferably EV) industry
- Experience from C2B, D2C and B2B propositions and leading in retail pricing, direct revenue and contribution margins
- Previous experience from start-ups or hyper growth environments
- Leadership experience
- Confident using tools beyond Excel to provide insights from data
For an optimal role fit, we believe that an ideal candidate had the following personality:
- Persuasive and decisive
- Goal oriented and competitive
- Analytical and data-driven
- Vivid car enthusiast
- Passionate about using data as the starting point for understanding and solving (almost) any business problem
- Proactive do:er
- Energetic extrovert
- Hunger for staying up to date with the latest industry price trends, technology and news
Our company moves extremely fast, but we are also keen on doing great work and delivering amazing customer experience. This requires a flexible mindset, being a self starter, but also a positive mindset and being able to have fun with your colleagues!
What we offer
We offer a unique opportunity to join a very ambitious and fast moving company within car sales. Our goal is to over deliver on every single expectation a consumer might have - we all want to be extremely proud of the consumer experience we offer. Most of the colleagues we have from the automotive industry highly appreciate all the new thinking we bring, together with adding industry experience - to create unique customer propositions. Apart from this, you can expect:
- A market competitive salary
- Stock option programs
- A career defining role at an early stage startup and an opportunity to to grow and learn from knowledgeable co-workers.
- We’re a startup, which means we work smarter not harder. Life-work balance still plays an important role in creating long-lasting productivity and output.
- A workplace that believes strength is found in diversity. We hire people regardless of background, education, experience or gender.
So, bottom line...
Are you our new team member? Make sure to apply today as. the selection and interview processes are ongoing!