We’re looking for a creative, data driven and innovative CMO, looking to scale one of the fastest growing startups in Stockholm- ever. Your job will be to build up a household brand, and a world class marketing function from the ground up. What drives us is to constantly improve things, primarily through accelerating the transition to electric mobility, and creating amazing customer experiences in an industry ripe for disruption.
Carla is growing at the speed of light and we are currently looking for an experienced CMO to join the Stockholm HQ and our management team. Since Carla will soon expand both vertically and geographically, we are looking for someone to support us in this exciting growth phase.
To succeed in this role, you must possess the ability to communicate with and educate consumers throughout a complex buying journey. Your job will be to showcase and explain why Carla is a better way to find, get, and own an EV, than the traditional ways.
Carla’s new CMO will be responsible for our marketing strategies and activities across brand, communication, performance marketing, organic, CRM, SEO and PR. The CMO is responsible for achieving both financial and strategic goals to help Carla reach its full potential. Our marketing team is currently small, and we are looking for someone who loves building and scaling organizations. Furthermore, we are looking for someone who can strengthen our leadership team on a strategic level. In a traditionally opaque and gut-feel driven business, we strongly believe in the ability to use data and experimentation to learn. We expect you to care as much about lead conversion rates as brand awareness, and would be more curious about you suggesting something we’ve never heard of than another TV-campaign.
The right candidate should have a strong understanding of D2C and e-commerce, and be willing to learn everything there is to learn about consumer mindsets when it comes to cars, and the electric car market dynamics.
Carla is a scale up where some things are in place, others are not. We are looking for someone who knows what great looks like, and who is able to lead others, but who is also not afraid of rolling up their sleeves when things need to get done.
Key Responsibilities include (but are not limited) to:
- Create a distinct marketing strategy across all marketing channels, virtually from scratch
- Define key objectives and results - from brand awareness to customer lifetime value
- Create budgets, marketing and communication plans for Carla's various markets
- Craft and implement Carla’s go-to-market strategy when entering new countries
- Feedback and contribute to product roadmaps and company strategy
- Build and lead high performing and competitive marketing, e-commerce, creative and CRM teams
- Ensure strong cooperation with other key players in the organization - from Sales to Product Management
- Ensure a proper balance between in-house and agency resources
We believe that the Ideal candidate has:
- A track record of leading both strategic and operational marketing activities, with strong results
- Experience from D2C/B2C companies that know what great looks like when it comes to marketing, in 2022
- Held roles such as Head of Marketing/CMO
- Experience from scale up B2C companies, across more than one geography - ideally combined with an agency background
- Leader of leaders i.e. managing direct reports with team
- Well-versed in the usage of digital tools for lead generation, marketing analytics, marketing automation, social media management, and CRMProficient in generating brand awareness and positioning new consumer brands across different markets, in cost-efficient and innovate ways
- Experience of partnering deeply with design, e-commerce, product, and engineering teams
We believe that the following characteristics are necessary to succeed in this role:
- Digital native
- Analytical and data-driven
- Brand builder and product evangelist
- Growth mindset
- Proactive do:er
- Creative and witted communicator
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and ability to work independently
- Team player
- High attention to detail, excellent time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure in fast-paced environment and dynamic industry
- Reports to CEO Patrik Illerstig
What is in it for you?
Most of all, this is a fantastic opportunity to work for a category-defining company, with great values, and a business model that doesn't talk about sustainability - but is based on it. Apart from that, we offer:
- Un unique opportunity to build a global marketing function from scratch
- A career-defining role at an early-stage startup and an opportunity to grow and learn from knowledgeable co-workers
- We’re a startup, which means we work smarter not harder. Life-work balance still plays an important role in creating long-lasting productivity and output
- A workplace that believes strength is found in diversity. We hire people regardless of background, education, experience or gender
- Market competitive salary, and stock option program
We’re fast, both in terms of car delivery and when it comes to growing our business. So far, our journey has taken us from Sweden and soon Norway, but we have no plans on stopping anytime soon, and hopefully, this is where you come in!